If you want to use your insurance for any kind of care, you must:
- Only see doctors in their offices, urgent care centers, or ERs
- And spend all of your deductible before insurance covers the cost of your care
Since you don’t visit Sherpaa doctors in their office, insurance companies can’t cover Sherpaa (we’re sorry…that’s their decision, not ours). However, many employers and some health plans cover the cost of Sherpaa because they understand it’s far less expensive than in-person care. See if you’re eligible.
Here’s how much in-person services cost (co-pay + bills you’ll get in the mail) on average, even with insurance:
- Primary care doctor = $200 ($25 co-pay + $175 in bills)
- Specialist = $300 ($50 co-pay + $250 in bills)
- Urgent care center = $350 ($100 co-pay + $250 in bills)
- ER = $2,000 ($100 co-pay + $1,900 in bills for tests, medications, and other things)
So how much does Sherpaa cost?
Either $99 for one month or $270 for one year and you can use Sherpaa as much as you need because we don’t charge you every time you need our doctors. Also, just as you would a traditional doctor, you and/or your insurance company pay for any tests we need to order.
How much does Sherpaa save?
- It’s about half the cost of a traditional primary care doctor
- It’s a fraction of the cost of an urgent care center or ER
- You buy Sherpaa for a month or a year so there’s no paying for multiple follow-up office visits
- No time off work
- No hassles of making appointments, waiting for appointments, and traveling to the doctor’s office
But what if I’ve already spent my entire deductible?
You’d purchase Sherpaa because you’re well versed in all the hassles and confusing bills and you just want to avoid it all and get care quickly and conveniently.