Many people think you always need to be seen by a doctor in-person. But an online doctor, via Sherpaa, can do almost everything an office-based doctor can do, and then some. We’ve found over the last 6 years that the vast majority of health issues, from simple to complex, can be diagnosed and treated without in-person visits. In fact, traditional office-based primary care doctors can diagnose and manage ~1,500 conditions, while Sherpaa can handle ~1,450 of those same issues. The only thing we can’t do is physically examine you. No stethoscopes or pressing on your belly. But that’s ok. Even traditional, office-based doctors know the vast majority of diagnoses come from asking you the right questions and, if needed, confirming suspicions with the right tests. We’ve built protocols for asking you all of the questions we need to, in a very complete, accurate, checklist-driven way to ensure we ask everything we need to and don’t miss a thing. And when required to confirm suspicions, we’ll order tests. Most importantly, Sherpaa’s care is about close, convenient communication. And that’s what healthcare should be all about.
Sherpaa’s Care is Unique
- You don’t have to make appointments. No waiting for weeks to see a doctor. Just launch the app, create a case, and tell us what’s going on with you.
- Sherpaa doctors respond, on average, within 10 minutes. We’re obsessed with being quickly available for you.
- You communicate with us when it’s convenient for you. No revolving your schedule around a doctor. Talk with us in between meetings or when you get home from the gym.
- We communicate normally. Message us within our app, talk on the phone, or video chat. Whatever is best.
- We communicate as often as we need to get you better. This might be every hour, every day, or every week.
- Just send an update. No need to make an appointment and pay for another visit. Just send us a new message if something changes.
- We check-in on you. We reach out and check-in on you to ensure you’re getting better.
- Send us photos, videos, links, etc. This makes it easy to see what’s ailing you and follow your improvements.
- We order you tests, online. Just go get blood drawn at the lab or an X-ray at a local imaging center. Your results appear in Sherpaa’s app.
- We intelligently refer you. We ask questions to understand your situation. When we recognize you need specialty care, we refer you to the most appropriate, in-network person or facility. This prevents a visit to a PCP just to be referred.
- We keep your records in one place. Within the app, you see your test results and reports from specialists we refer you to.
- You can’t forget what we said. If you forget what we said or something is unclear, just read the entire conversation in the app. Or ask us for clarification. It’s that easy.
- Access to care from anywhere. Laptop, iPhone, or Android.
- You can have a doctor for life. Even if you move cities, change jobs, travel anywhere in the world, or change insurance, you’ll always have Sherpaa.
Delivering care online is extremely efficient and effective
When you don’t have to wait for doctor appointments for weeks on end, your health problems are solved markedly faster, and you’re back on your feet in no time. But you’ll need to be seen in-person ~30% of the time. Since we’re primary care doctors and we’ve asked you all the right questions to understand your needs before you’ve gone through the hassle of an office visit, we’ll know exactly who and what you need in your local area. We refer to in-network, local specialists, urgent care centers, and, only when it’s a true emergency, to ERs. That way, we can save you time and money and often turn two visits into only one.
But is it safe? Of course you should consider this—your life and health is on the line. Doctors are by nature, extremely conservative and safe. Their careers and ability to provide for themselves and their family is on the line. Sherpaa doctors practice conservatively and responsibly. All of our doctors trained at elite American institutions and have no less than 10 years of experience after residency. But most importantly, we’ve come to realize that an easily accessible, communicative doctor is the safest doctor.
Entrusting your health into a doctor’s hands is no light decision. Spend some time understanding Sherpaa and how we deliver effective, safe, convenient care.
Step 1: Launch the app and create a case
Step 2: Tell us, in your own words, what’s wrong.
No pressure. No waiting rooms. No co-pays. No paperwork. No doctors interrupting you. Just write as much as you want. People typically write a paragraph or two.
Step 3: Attach a photo if it helps.
About 25% of cases have photos attached.
Step 4: Answer your doctor’s questions.
Within about 20 minutes, our doctors read your story and write back to you with a series of questions based on your complaints. You’ll get an email or iOS or Android notification that you have something new “To Do” on your case. We’ve built these questions over the last 6 years to ensure we ask you the right questions in the right way. They’re questions doctors will typically ask you in the exam room, but they’ve been designed to cover all bases and allow you to respond to them thoughtfully, without pressure, and whenever you can get to them (we know you’re busy). Also, you can answer them in your own words. They’re not a boring questionnaire.
Step 5: Our doctors determine your best next steps.
We read your responses and we’ll probably ask a few more questions to confirm our suspicions. The majority of the time, we’re able to diagnose you at this stage, without having to order tests, and start treating you. If you need a medication, we’ll prescribe the medication for you and you’ll choose your pharmacy:
However, if we do need to confirm suspicions with tests, we’ll order them for you at your local lab or imaging center and the results will appear in your case:
Not too long after you get the test, your results appear in Sherpaa’s app:
Step 6: Our doctors may arrange in-person care for you.
However, about 30% of the time our doctors determine that you need to be seen in-person with a local specialist, ER, or urgent care center. We have a network of ~5,000 Sherpaa-friendly specialists and facilities across America that we’ve built from the ground up over the last 6 years. We’ll do the legwork to connect you with the most appropriate in-network person or place. And if you can’t get an appointment in an acceptable time frame, and your situation is time-sensitive, our doctors will call the specialists and get you in as soon as possible.
Step 7: We always follow-up with you and check-in.
Sherpaa doctors are here for you 24/7 from beginning to resolution. And the second you get a message from your doctor checking in on you to see how you’re doing, you immediately realize we’re different. It’s healthcare based on easy, close communication. Restricting your communication to expensive, inconvenient exam rooms is a relic of the past.
Cases can be minutes or months long
When we do refer you to a specialist, Sherpaa receives a report from the specialist documenting their findings and their recommendations. These are included in your case so you have access to your medical records no matter where you go:
Access all your cases and understand it all
In traditional office visits, doctors talk with you and do their best to explain things to you. But research shows you forget ~85% of what they say due to stress, anxiety, and complicated medical jargon. With Sherpaa, you can log in and view the entire conversation, see your tests, specialist reports, review your plan, and understand your entire situation. And if something is unclear, just send us another message!
Sherpaa doctors do everything they can to ensure you understand your diagnosis and next steps.
And, of course, you have access to every single case you’ve ever had with Sherpaa